Wednesday 29 January 2020

LoopdeLoop - Whoops

This was my submission to the theme Whoops for this month's LoopdeLoop:


Submitted on the deadline day

This project was slightly rushed since I had so many ideas to go with (and I did a lot of preproduction for each before actually sticking to one idea). This brief helped me practice my 2D hand-drawn animation and some liquid and intensity effects animation.

An amalgamation of scrapped ideas and doodles (that I can hopefully recycle for other projects). 

What went well:
  • The foley and sound design really helps sell the movements, the breathing and character noises also help the character acting,
  • The liquid and energy fx work really well (thanks to all the practice I got in my COP3 project),
  • (Update: It got featured on Loopdeloop's Facebook page!)


What could be improved:

  • I spent too long on preproduction, I should choose an idea and stick to it before developing the idea any further to be more time-efficient,
  • I still want to try making a loop with multiple camera angles and movements instead of a static camera to make it more immersive/cinematic.


No comments:

Post a Comment