Saturday 15 February 2020

More rough animation... AND FX! - SPnU

I managed to finish the rough animation of the scenes assigned to me early, so I got to work on some of the fx work. I roughed out the fx of a few scenes which already had rough base animation, using reference footage for this was a godsend, since cigarette smoke acts in a very unique way and has a consistency that's a cross between incense and chimney smoke:

While compiling a lot of our roughs together, we realised the cut between scene 0 and scene 1 felt a little off or rushed, so we decided to add a scene 0.5 of Kilo getting out bed (we also cut out scene 15 because of the same reason). I decided to reuse a background (so as not to overburden Halli) and I got to work on animating it. The problem here was the complex perspective on this background:


So I did what worked for me in Days of Heinz Past - using a Maya previs, and thanks to Tisa's room model she made during the storyboarding phase, this wasn't too difficult:



This also helped with the pacing of the film, building up the anticipation and importance of the dreamcatcher even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment