Monday 18 May 2020

Shadow Cleanup - Heart of Stone

I volunteered to cleanup the shadow flashback scene that I roughed out. Doing the vertical slice for this earlier REALLY helped me figure out a good technique and workflow to creating the shadows. Since they were only shadows, I only had to focus on creating clear silhouettes and not the details inside which went a lot more smoothly than if they were actual detailed figures.

Also since the shadows were true shadows (the lines sometimes became inverted), I had a lot more control of the depth and layers of the shadows.

(Vertical Slice)


Since the Heart of Stone project was rescheduled to be finished after the deadline, I had to put off this scene for quite some time and was unable to completely finish cleanup of this scene before the deadline. This is what I cleanup so far:


No comments:

Post a Comment