Wednesday 4 March 2020

Mood and atmosphere - SPnU

After the rough animation was fine-tuned and corrected, we began on the tie-down and clean up stage of production. I incorporated the rough and clean-up stage together but allocated separate time for both. I tested out desaturating the scenes in which the Demon is visible to add mood and make her silhouette stand out that much more, using the two complete scenes we had of her.



I've dubbed the desaturated look "Demon mode" which I think works better than the regular version. I also tried 50% desaturation and other levels but it didn't look as good as the 100% desaturated. Regardless, I can still experiment with this in post-production.

I also tested out some drowsy effects, that would pair well with the sound warping as Kilo struggles against sleep. Using Damo's roughs, I experimented with turbulent warps, blurs and offset layers to get an idea of how to achieve a cinematic effect, but I think it would work better with more finished versions.


Update: I also added a few colour adjustments to immerse Kilo in the scene without the need for shading, and to make the fire scenes more omenous. This saved valuable time since we didn't need to shade (though we plan to add in shading after deadline for festival submission).

No comments:

Post a Comment